Quick-Cook Lentil Stew
This Quick-Cook Lentil Stew is a fine winter warmer. Taking only 15 minutes to make and packed with fibre, complex carbs, protein and most importantly – flavour!… You can’t go wrong.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or chilli flakes (if you like it hot)
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 4 portions chopped frozen spinach
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g cooked chicken
Let’s do this
- Add the olive oil to a medium size pan (that has a lid) and saute the chopped onion over a medium to high heat for about 2 minutes
- Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, smoked paprika, herbs and chilli to the pan with the onion and saute for a further 2 minutes
- Add the drained lentils, stock, ketchup and frozen spinach to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the cooked chicken to the pan, place the lid on top and simmer for a further 3 minutes (make sure the chicken is heated thoroughly)
- Serve and enjoy!
ABOUT JAMES STARING
James Staring is a personal trainer Clapham, London. His methods have featured in publications such as Your Fitness, Hello, Healthy, Daily Mail, Closer, and many more. After giving up smoking and entering the fitness industry in 2009, James has focused on his passion to help others transform their health and fitness. However, James is convinced that most people struggle so much more than they need to in an effort to improve their fitness. Through his company, Fit to Last, which he runs with his partner, Ali Page – James has helped hundreds of men and women make small adjustments in their daily habits to transform their fitness and to love how they look and feel.