If you’re considering hiring a personal trainer in Clapham, and would like tips on how to reduce the price, this is for you
If you’re considering hiring a personal trainer and you live in the Clapham area, you may be wondering how much a personal trainer in Clapham costs.
This isn’t a simple answer, but we’re going to be as upfront and open about prices as we can.
We’ll also include a few tips on how to reduce the price of personal training in Clapham too.
HIRING A PERSONAL TRAINER IS NOT JUST A FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
Hiring a personal trainer alone, will not necessarily solve your health and fitness problems. The investment is not purely financial. A certain amount of your time and effort is required too. However, the combined effort of the guidance of a fitness professional and your commitment, can accelerate and improve your results tenfold.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CONSULTATION
Getting a consultation is important if you’re considering hiring a personal trainer. I know what you’re thinking…”you want to get me into your facility so that you can sell me stuff, right?” Well, that’s not quite true.
If you’re someone who cares about your health and fitness and you value professional guidance to help you improve, then the prices aren’t going to frighten you at all.
The reasons we recommend you attend a consultation are nothing to do with the price really. They are more to do with you researching the kind of assistance and programme you need and whether personal training is the right service for you. Also, you’re about to make an investment – it’s best to visit the facilities you’re considering using. This way, you can get a feel for whether or not they’ll be a good fit for you.
It’s very difficult to answer these questions over the phone or in a blog. But we’ll try our best to do so here.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE HIRING A PERSONAL TRAINER
What are my goals?
Before hiring a personal trainer, it’s important to have a clear reason as to why you think you need the service. Having specific goals and communicating them with your personal trainer is the best way to enable them to assist you with a clear plan. A measurable goal will help you to track your progress and how effective your programme is.
How long have I been struggling to get results on my own?
If you’ve been going to a gym and/or classes on a regular basis for more than six weeks and haven’t seen any changes in terms of weight loss and/or toning up – the guidance of a fitness professional is very likely to get you results from the time you spend exercising.
Certain methods of exercise are best suited to certain goals. A personal trainer should ensure that you do the most appropriate exercise (and with good form to prevent injury) to achieve your goals.
What’s holding me back from achieving my goals?
Asking yourself this question should help you to understand the kind of assistance you need from a personal trainer. You can drill down to specific areas where you need assistance and the type of guidance you will benefit from the most.
How much knowledge do I have on the right nutrition to support me in achieving my goals?
The absence of a suitable nutrition plan can seriously hinder the results expected from your exercise. Hours of hard effort in the gym can be reversed by making ineffective food choices. With all the different diet methods and information on what to eat and what not to eat, making a decision on a plan of action can be overwhelming.
An experienced, knowledgeable personal trainer will be qualified to give you tailored guidance and a nutrition plan aligned to your fitness goals and dietary requirements. To get those “see it in the mirror” results, it’s vital for your nutrition to be aligned to your fitness goals.
How much knowledge do I have on exercising to achieve my goals?
A personal trainer is especially valuable when you’re new to exercise and/or training at a gym. Walking into a weights or cardio room can be daunting when you’re not sure what to do. The guidance of a fitness professional will help to build your confidence in this environment, by showing you how to use the equipment as well as gym etiquette too. When you begin learning what to do at the gym, you’ll feel less self-conscious and you’ll begin to truly benefit from the time you spend there.
On the other hand, if you’ve been going to the gym regularly, but doing the same type of workout day after day, you may find you’ve hit a plateau in terms of progressing further or reaching your goals. There are constantly new methods and research being developed. A good fitness professional will be up to date on these trends and will be able to advise on the most suitable that apply to you.
Will I need guidance and support outside of my personal training sessions?
It’s important to consider factors aside from your exercise that may be having an impact on your ability to achieve your fitness goals.
If you’re with your personal trainer for 2 to 3 hours per week – what is happening during the remaining 166 hours? A good personal trainer will coach and support you, not only in the time you are together training but also outside of those sessions too. The lifestyle you lead and the choices you make will impact your ability to achieve your goals.
It’s important that your trainer assists you in identifying any limitations that could be standing between you and your goals so that you can make a plan to reduce them as much as possible to make progress.
THE COST OF HIRING A PERSONAL TRAINER IN CLAPHAM, SOUTH WEST LONDON
The cost of hiring a personal trainer in Clapham can vary from £25-£110 per session.
A large majority of personal trainers offer a discounted rate, based on the number of sessions you buy at a time.
Here at Fit to Last, our prices are set on a monthly rate. The reason we do this is because the strategy we design for you will be based upon the results you want to achieve and a timeframe in which to achieve those results. In our experience, progress is much more consistent (and therefore results too), when training and nutrition and lifestyle coaching are completed within timeframes.
WHY DOES THE COST OF HIRING A PERSONAL TRAINER VARY?
There are a few reasons why the cost of a personal trainer can vary:
- Training environment: choosing a personal trainer who operates from a luxurious facility with fluffy towels and posh shampoo etc. can often push up the price of personal training. If you like the finer things in life, this could be right up your street. However, it’s important to check the service you’ll receive will be thorough and personalised for you.
- Training location: some personal trainers reduce their own costs by training at your home or in a nearby park (thereby cutting out the cost of renting/buying space). They then pass on this reduction in their cost to you. Training at home can be really convenient, however, it can have its limitations in terms of equipment and space and therefore, training methods. Also, outdoor training can be weather-dependant.
- Experience: when some personal trainers first gain their qualification, they charge a lower fee. As their experience grows, they increase their rates. If you have any injuries or challenges with your health, we highly recommend you seek an experienced personal trainer who has the knowledge to assist you in overcoming any injuries/health challenges.
- Depth of service: to achieve success on a fitness programme takes more than completing workouts. If you’re looking fro transform your body and the habits you currently have are not helping you – change is necessary. We believe 20% of your efforts in your fitness programme are connected to exercise. The remaining 80% is down to your nutrition and lifestyle choices. Personal trainers who have a system to help you make these changes may add to the price. (When I mention a system – I don’t mean a meal plan or a book/PDF on what you need to eat. Receiving a meal plan and written guidance is great. However, you’re going to need guidance and accountability on a day-to-day basis to make the changes to follow through).
- VAT registered: well-established personal training companies are often legally required to register for VAT. Companies registered for VAT must add this to their price.
“I feel healthier, I feel stronger, I feel more confident in myself”
3 WAYS TO REDUCE THE COST OF HIRING A PERSONAL TRAINER
1. Adjust your workout schedule
Some personal trainers offer an off-peak rate if you choose to train during a less busy time of day. I.e. we offer a reduction to members booking personal training sessions during our quieter periods.
2. Semi-Private Personal Training
Training within a small group (4 participants or less), is a great way to benefit from a service very similar to 1:1 training. The difference is that you are paying a significantly lower price as you are sharing the service and therefore, the cost. Within a small group of this size, your coach will still be able to give you the attention you need (tailoring your training, motivating you and monitoring and correcting your form closely).
There’s also the added advantage that you may be the type of person who enjoys training with others and finds that even more motivating. The semi-private or small group format also adds an extra level of accountability and joining a new ‘fitness family’ can be great fun too.
Here at Fit to Last, we understand it can be tricky pairing up with a buddy who wants to train at the same times and location as you. This is why we even find training partners for you. If you have a buddy you’d like to train with, that’s possible too.
3. Online training
If you’re self-motivated, but feel you could benefit from the guidance of a fitness professional – online training could be a suitable option for you. As your coach will not be with you during the time you train, this can reduce the cost significantly. Whilst saving money, you will still benefit from professional guidance, accountability and a tailored programme to ensure you make progress and achieve your goals.
Fit to Last Private Personal Training Studio in Clapham
At Fit to Last we deliver a body transformation programme hundreds of our clients have used to achieve results they’re delighted with. Even better, we’re the only fitness programme in Clapham offering you your money back when you hit your fitness goals on our 60-Day Challenge.