Here’s a really fast and delicious way to use up those Christmas day left overs, Christmas Quesadilla.
Of course you can substitute the ingredients with whatever you fancy that you have left over in your fridge. For me though, the one stipulation is that cheese absolutely must be included. It holds the quesadilla together and that practical reason makes a great excuse to enjoy some gooey cheese goodness!
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey chopped or 1/2 cup black beans for a vegetarian version
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- 1 spring onion chopped finely
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped finely
- Tobasco sauce (if you like it hot)
Let’s do this
- Place a tortilla in a frying pan large
- On one half of the tortilla firstly sprinkle a little cheese and then half of the turkey/beans, tomatoes, pepper and spring onion
- Sprinkle over a final layer of cheese (I find that if I sprinkle cheese on the bottom and the top, it holds the quesadilla together nicely)
- Add a few drops of Tabasco sauce if using and then fold over
- Cook the quesadilla over a medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side
- When the cheese has melted and the tortilla has toasted, remove from the pan, slice into 4-5 portions and enjoy!
ABOUT JAMES STARING
James Staring is a personal trainer based in Clapham, London. His methods have featured in publications such as Your Fitness, Hello, Healthy, Daily Mail, Closer, and many more. After giving up smoking and entering the fitness industry in 2009, James has focused on his passion to help others transform their health and fitness. However, James is convinced that most people struggle so much more than they need to in an effort to improve their fitness. Through his company, Fit to Last, which he runs with his partner, Ali Page – James has helped hundreds of men and women make small adjustments in their daily habits to transform their fitness and to love how they look and feel.James focuses on building the best version of you and inspiring you to new levels of health and fitness – regardless of your current ability or age. James is always keen to share the tools he uses to assist others in achieving their goals and has featured in publications such as Your Fitness, Healthy and Hello! magazines.